Tuning In: Listening and Speaking in the Real World / Edition 1 by Carol Numrich
Tuning In offers intermediate students a unique opportunity to explore different listening genres from a variety of real-world sources....
|Publisher:||Pearson Education ESL|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.79(w) x 9.84(h) x 0.47(d)|
Tuning In offers intermediate students a unique opportunity to explore different listening genres from a variety of real-world sources. Authentic listening selections — including commercials, folk songs, oral histories, and call-in radio shows – provide a rich context for developing language skills.
Click here to order theAudio CDs.
- Engaging listening segments allow students to explore timeless themes such as love, volunteering, and childhood memories.
- Pre-listening activities help focus students on the theme and vocabulary, while post-listening exercises provide practice with language functions, pronunciation, grammar, and critical thinking.
- Listening for Inference activities encourage students to infer the speaker's meaning, listen for attitudes and feelings through the tone of voice, and interpret context.
- Unit wrap-up activities allow students to compare and contrast the three listening selections, analyze the linguistic components of each genre, and create a text of their own.
From Unit 8: Cooking Tips, Genre: Interviews
- Listening 1: The Chef Larry Show (2:45)
- Listening 2: Russ Parsons (2:57)
- Listening 3: Hugh Carpenter (2:47)