The Bible (Little Books About Big Things) by William MacKay
Faith. Hope. Comfort. The Bible touches the lives and hearts of people across the globe. In this accessible trivia collection, easy-to-digest facts and figures...
|Publisher:||Fall River Press|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||8 MB|
Faith. Hope. Comfort. The Bible touches the lives and hearts of people across the globe. In this accessible trivia collection, easy-to-digest facts and figures about a selection of stories, people, and events from the holy book are presented, from the ancient events recounted in the Old Testament to the greatest biblical discovery of modern times, the Dead Sea Scrolls. Here are just a few:
· Noah, of ark fame, was the grandson of the long-lived Methuselah. Less well known is the fact that Noah is also the name of a woman who was mentioned several times in the Old Testament.
· Contrary to popular opinion, Delilah did not cut Samson’s hair. After she lulled him to sleep on her lap, she called for a barber.
· Without a little-known man named Barnabas, the New Testament might have been far different—and far shorter.
· For two reasons, biblical history is unthinkable without papyrus. What are they?
· The shortest verse in the Bible carries great weight. What is it? This book is fun to read from cover to cover—or to dip in and out of, turning to whatever interests you the most. It also makes a great gift!Ever wonder how many words there are in the Bible? Or how many proverbs the prolific Solomon composed? You’ll find the answers inside . . . and many more!