Inside Civil Procedure: What Matters & Why, 2nd Edition / Edition 2 by Erichson
A concise, engaging, and pedagogically rich explanation of the key topics in Civil Procedure solidifies students’ understanding of the essentials of the...
A concise, engaging, and pedagogically rich explanation of the key topics in Civil Procedure solidifies students’ understanding of the essentials of the course. Rather than presenting exhaustive citations and excessive doctrinal detail, Inside Civil Procedure: What Matters and Why focuses on helping students to clearly understand civil procedure in-depth. Students become more engaged in the course by thorough explanations that demystify the material without oversimplifying it. They come to understand not only the rules, but also what makes them interesting and important. Features to enhance learning are prominent throughout. Overviews position chapter topics within the course and show why each matters. FAQs are carefully spelled out and given straightforward answers to clear up the most common mistakes and misconceptions. Sidebars offer study tips, practice pointers, and additional insights. Replicating the classroom use of whiteboards, PowerPoint and other visual aids, graphics, charts, photos, and cartoons help illustrate the concepts. Chapter summaries and bolded key terms facilitate studying and review, and “Connections” at the end of each chapter tie the material to other chapters, encouraging students to consider “Where have I been?” and “Where am I going?”
TheSecond Edition updates rules and statutes to reflect amendments since 2009, featuring new rules on summary judgment and attorney-client privilege. Coverage of recent, important cases include those on personal jurisdiction, subject matter jurisdiction, class actions, and more. Refreshed tables, illustrations, and analyses lend more clarity and consistency.
• Solidifies students’ understanding of the essentials of the course
• avoids exhaustive citations and excessive doctrinal detail
• focuses on clear, in-depth examination of civil procedure
• Engaging explanations that demystify without oversimplifying
• Tackles common misconceptions, enabling deeper understanding
• Explains the rules - what makes them interesting and important.
• Enhanced learning features
• position the topic within the course
• students understand the topic and why it matters.
• straightforward answers
• clear up the most common mistakes and misconceptions.
• study tips
• practice pointers
• further insights and information
• Graphics replicate whiteboards, PowerPoint and other visual aids