Green Lighting / Edition 1 by Brian Clark Howard, Seth Leitman, William Brinsky
Flip the switch to energy-efficient lightingThis do-it-yourself guide makes it easy to upgrade residential and commercial lighting to reduce costs and...
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing|
|Product dimensions:||7.20(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.50(d)|
Flip the switch to energy-efficient lighting
This do-it-yourself guide makes it easy to upgrade residential and commercial lighting to reduce costs and environmental impact while maintaining or even improving the quality of the lighting. Filled with step-by-step instructions, Green Lighting shows you how to save money and energy with light-emitting diodes (LEDs), compact fluorescent lighting (CFL), solar lights, windows, skylights, fixtures, controls, and other bright ideas. Methods for calculating return on investment, plus recommended sources for energy-efficient products, are included in this practical resource.
Green Lighting covers:
- Color temperature measurements
- In-depth details on the differences between LEDs and CFLs
- How utilities bill for electricity usage
- Comparing wattage and determining energy savings
- ENERGY STAR® ratings
- Purchasing appropriate bulbs, fixtures, and sensors
- Developing a comprehensive green lighting plan for your entire home, office, or commercial environment
- Incandescent, halogen, and gas-discharge lighting
- Solar and next-generation lighting