Criminal Law and Procedure for the Paralegal by Edward C. Carter, Paperback
Criminal Law and Procedure for the Paralegal, Second Edition, offers assignments that mirror the work of the paralegal and cover local, state, and federal...
|Publisher:||Wolters Kluwer Law & Business|
|Product dimensions:||8.00(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.40(d)|
Criminal Law and Procedure for the Paralegal, Second Edition, offers assignments that mirror the work of the paralegal and cover local, state, and federal criminal cases. Students can gain practice and confidence doing the kind of work that a defense attorney, prosecutor, or law enforcement agency expects from a paralegal. Working with the various types of cases presented in this book familiarizes students with the role of the paralegal in the process of investigation, prosecution, and defense in criminal cases. The second edition has been updated to include more than three dozen new legal decisions, new coverage of legislative jurisdiction and Fifth Amendment due process clause, and the addition of six new cases including United States v. Vilar and Hurst v. Florida.
- Updates include more than three dozen new legal decisions.
- Updated and expanded Chapters 6 and 7 with new coverage of legislative jurisdiction and Fifth Amendment
- due process clause.
- Six new cases including United States v. Vilar and Hurst v. Florida
- ¦ A sensible, four-part organization:
- Introduction to the criminal justice system
- The distinction between criminal law and criminal procedure
- Criminal law
- Criminal procedure
- ¦ Realistic assignments, in which students draft indictments, memos, grand jury subpoenas, and jury instructions using
- hypothetical memos, investigative reports, and interviews as source material
- ¦ Clear explanations of the basic elements of all criminal offenses
- ¦ An accessible system of analyzing the legal nature of any criminal offense
- ¦ An integrated treatment of white-collar crime
- ¦ Broad coverage of a wide range of criminal investigations, from police investigations to administrative and grand jury